If you’re just starting out and trying to get your small business off the ground, its important to know what funding options are available to you. The government of Alberta provides several options for small business grants:
- Alberta Innovates, which provides funding for new technology, research, and economic growth.
- Canada-Alberta Job Grant, which “aims to provide funds to employers for hiring and training other Albertans.”
- The Alberta Export Expansion Program, which “offers to fund export-ready businesses and non-profits looking to expand into international markets and attract global buyers to Alberta.”
- The Alberta Media Fund “covers multiple business support programs that offer a variety of funding opportunities for the Albertan cultural industry.”
- The Status Entrepreneur Assistance Program, which “provides equity assistance for a start-up or the expansion of a small business for Status individuals.”